by Prokti Parmar | World Executives Digest |
Your business has spent a long time building its technology infrastructure. Legacy systems, best-of-breed software, mobile apps, ERP, HR, CRM and lots of other alphabet-based applications to serve the needs of team members, departments, senior management and even the technology staff. But things change. Business users, customers and partners have new expectations and needs and the prospect of buying or creating new apps and sites is overwhelming. Even if you had the money and the staff, these projects would take so long to finish and by the time you finished your needs would have changed again.
Wait! Don’t give up! You can get there faster and with better results by choosing the software reengineering option! Software re-engineering has lots of great benefits and, if you share these benefits with your senior execs, you will look like a hero!
Let’s look at the benefits:
- Get flexible availability of IT resources and support without adding permanent staff.
- Leverage investments in existing applications and IT infrastructure and ensure compatibility with new technology and platforms
- Avoid re-writing applications ‘from scratch’
- Leverage the best of new and legacy technologies and platforms
- Improve the user experience, integration and business function delivery
- Reduce user ‘resistance to change’ by improving the user experience on existing applications – rather than designing expensive new applications
- Mitigate the risk of disrupting the existing business processes and workflow currently in use by users and the organization in the current organization
- Improve ROI and TCO
- Gain a competitive advantage in your market(s)
Those are the facts. Now go forth and succeed! Software Re-engineering, #ReEngineeringRocks