Well, are you looking to move hundreds of boxes at once? Whether you wish to move one box at a time or hundreds of boxes, using reliable plastic pallets or palletization is the powerful component of material storage, material handling, and transportation. To improve the operations of your supply chain, it is important to consider pallets. It can dramatically improve the material handling efficiency at various levels. For instance, the rail car, which took days to unload may get unloaded in an hour if you use pallets.
There are several advantages of using pallets. Firstly, it is easy to move palletized products. There is no need to handle individual cartons of goods. Moreover, you can avoid the manual handling of individual palletized cartons. Your delivery vehicle will have a much faster turnaround time with an increase in the operational efficiency of the equipment used in the transportation. Apart from this, there is no fear of goods damage or worker’s injury. It eliminates manual handling of goods.
When it comes to pallets, they are made up of a variety of materials like metal or aluminum, plywood material, wooden material, plastic material, etc. Among all kind of materials, it is best to choose plastic pallets. Plastic pallets may be availed in both light duty and heavy-duty specifications. If you need a plastic pallet for the industrial sector, go for the heavy-duty pallet. They are highly useful, as they may store different objects of varying weights. Heavy-duty plastic pallets are just perfect for tighter spaces since they do not occupy much space, as they are lightweight.
The Benefits of Plastic Pallets Over Other Materials
Previously, the pallet made from wood was standard material for packaging and transportation of goods, but not anymore. Now, we see plastic pallets more often in the loading areas and the warehousing complexes. It is because of the advantages of the plastic pallets. Find the reasons below:
- Unlike the wooden pallets, a plastic pallet has a longer life. It does not chip or break like the wooden pallet. The choice of the plastic pallet is extremely versatile, you may find the pallets of different capacities. They may withstand the weight of 5000kgs also. Plastic pallets are perfect for intensive and long term use.
- It is easy to handle a plastic pallet. They are perfect for loading and unloading of goods, since the material is durable. There are a large variety of pallet models ranging from a closed deck and open deck, hygienic pallets, and one-way pallets. Choices made depends on the needs.
- Plastic pallets are extremely reliable pallets that can be used for shipping the most delicate items. There is no fear of damaging the items in transit whatsoever. The design of the pallet will be such that you may stack up items one upon another.
- The plastic material is much more hygienic when compared to the wooden material. It is easy to clean and maintain. You just need a damp cloth to wipe off the dust, dirt, and grime. The stains and contaminants that settle on the pallet can be eliminated easily.
- Pallets are long lasting and immensely durable. A company need not to spend again and again on the packaging, storage, and on the transportation material. Thus, the plastic pallet can bring about more return on investment. The cleaning process is quick and easy. The material is light in weight to facilitate quick turnaround time of transportation vehicle.
The plastic pallets are the most reliable pallets, since, they never rot or decay like the wooden ones. They may be used under wet and moist conditions as well. Your transported products will stay safe and secure.