Terrence Foster, World Executives Digest | Take away food, also known as take-out and parcel, is a type of purchasing food items from a restaurant and taking them to homes instead of eating them at the restaurant. The take-out food item concept is not new and has been used in many regions of the globe by several well-known and small restaurants. There are food stores and restaurants too that allow people to eat as well as take away food with them. Although both the options are convenient for the customers and restaurants, small eating places or vendors prefer to take away option.
In this food option, the food is packed in containers or paperboard which customers can carry along with them to their places. Offering people, the option of take away food items comes with various kinds of advantages for restaurants.
Some of those benefits are:
- Cost-cutting: A restaurant with only take away food option can save money whereas other restaurants who offer eating at restaurant option have to invest in buying crockery, cutlery and serves. To provide good services to customers at restaurant, the operator is required to hire manpower and invest in seating arrangements.
- No Delivery Cost: There are restaurants too around the globe that have home delivery options for their customers. While offering this facility, restaurants are required to hire delivery guys and vehicles to deliver ordered food at the designated place. In addition, phone call facility and attendants to take orders on phone and staff members may also require ensuring that the order is ready on time. These things are not necessary in case when there is only the option of take away food from the restaurant.
- No Special Software: Some online food-ordering restaurants allow their customers to order food through their website or an app. In addition, they also need special software to manage orders. But a restaurant with only take away facility does not require these things, which means there is no requirement of any special software.
- Investment in Other Important Things: Instead of investing in online order and home delivery food, a restaurant can use that money in making its food services and quality of food better for customers. In addition, they can also use this money is making their restaurant more popular by printing broachers and pamphlets and using other beneficial services. These restaurants can hire leaflet distribution companies to reach more people in the neighborhood. Plus, the money can be invested to make the menu more interesting and add more items to it. Apart from that, packing services can also be improved by giving good quality carry-bags and food containers.
- Flexibility: Take away food option is a flexible service to adopt and use. In addition to increased revenue, these restaurants can use their money in making their services more flexible and easy to use. These services can be modified in a manner that customers can easily get their food even when it is peak dine time.
Apart from restaurants, customers can also avail the benefits of take away food option. Here are some of them:
- No Wait for Food: When it is about take-away services, customers do not need to wait for their food. Anytime, they can take their food and enjoy at their place.
- No-extra Charges: In this scenario, customers do not pay for food services, such as home delivery. They get their food packed in a container and eat whenever they want. They do not have to pay for delivery guys who deliver food to their doorsteps after a long time.